GSK- EXCEDRIN TAKE TWO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- PROMOTION DEADLINES: The GSK Excedrin Take Two Contest (the “Contest”) begins on or about 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on or about October 7, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on October 18, 2019 (“Contest Period”). Sponsor’s time clock will be the official clock of the Promotion.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older (or 19 years of age or older for residents of AL and NE) at the time they engage in the Contest (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees, directors and officers of GSK (the “Sponsor”), Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc. (“Administrator”), and any of their respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Promotion Entities”), and members of the immediate families of the foregoing individuals (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate or win. Void in where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, during the Contest Period, visit www.excedrin.com/excedrintaketwo (“Website”), and submit an essay explaining the experience they missed because of a migraine headache that Entrant would like to re-live (the “Essay” or “Entry”). Examples of experiences include (but are not limited to) missing a special life moment like a birthday, anniversary, wedding, concert, movie, festival or vacation. All Entries will be submitted by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on October 18, 2019 to be eligible. Limit: one (1) Entry per person/email address during the entire Contest Period. Anyone attempting to get more than one (1) Entry will be disqualified from the entire Contest at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The individual who submits the Entry in the Contest will be defined as the Entrant.
- ESSAY ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (all elements are subject to verification by Sponsor, or Administrator on behalf of Sponsor, as a condition of being named a potential winner):
- Must be a truthful and accurate description of an actual event or experience the Entrant missed due to a migraine headache;
- Must be the original creation of the Entrant;
- Must be in English;
- Must not have been previously published in any medium (excluding any social media site) or submitted in any other competition;
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement when used as provided for in these Official Rules;
- Must not disparage Promotion Entities or any other person or party affiliated with the Promotion and administration of this Promotion;
- Must not contain content not created by Entrant;
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created.
By entering, Entrant represents and warrants that the submitted Essay is in compliance with all of the foregoing requirements. Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, claims, debts, investigations, fines, penalties, costs, expenses and settlements (including attorneys' fees and costs of litigation, settlement, judgment, interest and penalties) arising out of or related to a breach of the foregoing representations and warranties. Limit one Entry per person and per email address. By entering, Entrant understands and agrees that his/her Essay may be posted on the Website and in any other marketing or promotional materials in any medium now known or hereinafter developed at Sponsor’s sole discretion without prior approval or compensation to Entrant. By entering, Entrant grants to the Sponsor and its licensees a world-wide, perpetual, non-revocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable license to publish his/her Essay as well as derivative works based thereon on the Website, in Sponsor’s apps, on social media, and through any and all other media, now known or hereafter devised, in any manner related to the Contest, without prior notice, approval or compensation. Entrants otherwise will retain all rights to their respective Essay. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entry that, in its sole and absolute discretion, is determined not to meet the above specifications.
- CONTEST JUDGING CRITERIA: From October 21, 2019 through October 25, 2019, all eligible Essay’s submitted during the Contest Period and approved by the Sponsor will be judged based on the following judging criteria and percentages (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”):
- Authenticity/sincerity of the story – 33.4%;
- Closeness to messaging of the Contest campaign – 33.3%;
- Originality and/or unique nature of the experience depicted in the Essay – 23.3%;
- Nature and emotional impact of the difficulties encountered as part of the original experience depicted in the Essay – 10%
Essays will be judged by representatives of the Sponsor (“Judges”). No information regarding Essays or judging, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules will be disclosed and Judges’ decisions are final and binding. From among all Essays received during the Contest Period, the two (2) entries with the highest overall scores using the Judging Criteria from among all Entries received will be deemed the Grand Prize winners (subject to verification), and the Entries with the third highest through the sixth highest overall scores using the Judging Criteria from among all Entries received will be deemed the three (3) First Prize winners. Each potential winner will be notified by phone/email on or around one of the October 25, 2019 (as solely determined by Sponsor). Failure to respond to a winner notification within 24 hours will be deemed forfeiture of the Prize and an alternate potential Prize winner may be selected at Sponsor’s or Administrator’s sole discretion, time permitting, to the entrant who had the next highest overall score using the Judging Criteria set forth above. In the event of a tie, the winner will be deemed the Entrant who had the highest overall score in the authenticity/sincerity of the story criteria from among all tying Entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to award less than the stated number of prizes during the Contest Period in the event there are not enough qualified entries received.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Five (5) total Prizes (2 Grand and 3 First Prizes) will be awarded as follows:
- Two (2) Grand Prizes – The Grand Prize Winners will receive the following Grand Prize: Relive a version of the experience the Grand Prize winner missed as described in the winning Essay, up to $20,000.00 each in value. Specific prize elements are subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and are based on the ability of Sponsor to obtain all elements/the experience described in the winning Essay. ARV: Up to $20,000.00.
- Three (3) First Prizes – Each First Prize Winner will receive the following First Prize: Relive a version of the experience the First Prize winner missed as described in the winning Essay, up to $5,000.00 each in value. Specific prize elements are subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion and are based on the ability of Sponsor to obtain all elements/the experience described in the winning Essay. ARV: Up to $5,000.00.
Prizes are nontransferable, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case Sponsor may substitute a prize, or any portion thereof, for one of equal or greater value. No substitutions or cash redemptions by Winner, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any portion of prize not used by winner after winner accepts the Prize will be forfeited and no cash substitute will be offered or permitted. Prizes are provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Sponsor. Awarding of prize is subject to verification of Entry, submission of all required Assignment and Release Forms, eligibility, and compliance with these Official Rules.
- CLAIMING PRIZES: Contest prize winners are subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator. Winners will be asked to complete, sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Background Check, Waiver of Liability, Publicity Release Forms (where legal), or an Prize Acceptance Eligibility/Liability Release and certain tax documents (collectively, “Assignment and Release Forms”) and all such documents must be signed and returned to Sponsor within five (5) business days of the date Sponsor, or Administrator on behalf of Sponsor, sends them to winner or prize will be forfeited. If there is noncompliance with these Official Rules, if prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner is deemed ineligible for any reason, or prize winner declines prize offered, prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest score. By participating in the Contest, Entrant acknowledges compliance with and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all respects, and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. PLEASE NOTE: Further, as a condition of accepting a Prize, each Winner hereby acknowledges and agrees that he/she will perform certain publicity requirements such as posting comments, hashtags and elements to various social media channels, including participating in earned media interviews, and allowing video and audio taping of Winner accepting and/or using his/her Prize to be included in Sponsor advertising and marketing materials in all mediums in perpetuity, along with other requirements as reasonably requested by Sponsor.
- CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner. Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its affiliates and licensees to use winner’s name and likeness solely for advertising and promotional purposes as Sponsor so determines without notice or further compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest, winner agrees to release and hold the Promotion Entities and their respective directors, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of Contest participation and (if applicable) acceptance/use of the prize and prize-related activity. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this Contest or acceptance/use of any prize or prize-related activity. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering, the announcement of any prize, or in the administration of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to modify, terminate or suspend this Contest should viruses, bugs, technical errors, unauthorized human intervention or other similar causes corrupt or impair the administration, security or fairness of the Contest (“Disruption”). If the Contest is subject to Disruption, Sponsor may determine the winners solely based on the judging criteria set forth above, provided the Disruption does not prevent this process. Sponsor is not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone, computer hardware, software and other technical failures of any kind, including injury or damage to any person's device relating to or resulting from participating in or experiencing any materials in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any human error that may occur in the processing of the Contest, nor is it responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, communications line failure, theft or destruction of, unauthorized access to, delay in operation, transmission, or distribution of, or alteration of, entry procedure, whether caused by the participant or otherwise, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of these rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such Entries and Entrant will be disqualified. Any attempt by any Entrant to submit Entries using multiple/different identities or any other methods will void all such Entries, and that Entrant will be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert the entry process are void. If there is a dispute, all Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account holder associated with registration for that Entry. For these purposes, an email account holder means the natural person assigned to such email account by the organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the associated domain. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules nor the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: All decisions of the Sponsor with regard to this Contest are final. Except where prohibited, each Entrant and winner accepting a prize agrees that: (i) all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules will be governed by New York law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest or any prize awarded will be (A) resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (B) filed only in the state courts situated in New York, and Entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such disputes, claims or causes of action; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
- WINNERS LIST: For names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: GSK Excedrin Take Two Contest Winners/Official Rules, 1105 SE 8th St., Grand Rapids, MN 55744 to be postmarked by October 25, 2019 and received by October 31, 2019. Residents of Vermont may omit postage. You may also visit our Website for Official Rules.
- SPONSOR: GlaxoSmithKline 184 Liberty Corner Road, Warren, NJ 07059 USA
No Purchase Necessary. The GSK Excedrin Take Two is legal residents of the 50 US and DC, 18 or older (or 19 or older for resodents of AL and NE).
Starts 10/07/2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on 10/18/2019. To enter and for official rules, visit www.excedrin.com/excedrintaketwo.
Sponsor: GlaxoSmithKline 184 Liberty Corner Road, Warren, NJ 07059 USA.